Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Charles Borromeo, Saint; Mary, Blessed Virgin Saint.; Nicholas Patrick Wiseman|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Henry Edward Manning; Henry Brougham Brougham and Vaux, Baron; W E Gladstone; Charles Kent; Charles Merivale; Wilfrid Meynell; Florence Nightingale; Coventry Patmore; Mary Patmore; Charles Walker
|Description:||12 cubic ft. (2 letter-size archives boxes, 1 legal size archives box, 2 half-size legal archives box, 8 record center cartons, and 3 oversize boxes)|
Manning's other literary works will provide researchers with documentation on his role in the development of and English social conscience in the areas of proverty, education, the persecution of Jews in Russia, the African slave trade, the abuse of alcohol, and labor.
Another series consists of printed materials. The seven volumes of "Concilii Vatican Documenta" found in this series document Manning's role in the adoption of the doctrine of papal infallibility. In addition to the Documenta, the galley proofs of books that Manning authored on the priesthood give insight into his thought process while developing these works.
- Charles Borromeo, -- Saint, -- 1538-1584.
- Mary, -- Blessed Virgin, Saint.
- Wiseman, Nicholas Patrick, -- 1802-1865.
- Catholic Church.
- Catholic Church. -- Archdiocese of Westminster (London, England). -- Archbishop (1865-1892 : Manning).
- League of the Cross.
- Oblates of St. Charles, Bayswater, London.
- High Church movement.
- Popes -- Temporal power.
- Sermons, English.
- England -- Church history -- 19th century.
- England -- Religion -- 19th century.