Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Henry Watterson; William Jennings Bryan; David Starr Jordan; Wayne MacVeagh; Clarence Clough Buel; Abraham Lincoln; Theodore Roosevelt; William H Taft; Woodrow Wilson; Rebecca Watterson|
|Document Type:||Archival Material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Reproduction Notes:||Microfilm. Louisville, Ky. : Archives and Records Center, University of Louisville, August 1984.|
|Description:||7 Reels of microfilm.|
Among Watterson's correspondents (Series #1) were William Jennings Bryan, Clarence Buel, David Starr Jordan and Wayne MacVeagh. Topics of his editorials and correspondence included politics, journalism and reconstruction. Several of his editorials (Series #2) were written on William Jennings Bryan, Theodore Roosevelt, William Howard Taft and Woodrow Wilson. Also present is Watterson's autobiography (Series #3) which ran as a serial in the COURIER JOURNAL in 1919. Watterson's favorite topics for speeches were Abraham Lincoln and journalism and are included in Series #5 - Speeches. Series #6 is comprised of newspaper clippings from around the country and Series (#7) is a collection of genealogical materials of Henry and Rebecca Watterson and includes various memorabilia.
- Watterson, Henry, -- 1840-1921.
- Bryan, William Jennings, -- 1860-1925.
- Jordan, David Starr, -- 1851-1931.
- MacVeagh, Wayne, -- 1883-1917.
- Buel, Clarence Clough, -- 1850-1933.
- Lincoln, Abraham, -- 1809-1865.
- Roosevelt, Theodore, -- 1858-1919.
- Taft, William H. -- (William Howard), -- 1857-1930.
- Wilson, Woodrow, -- 1856-1924.
- Watterson, Rebecca.
- Louisville Courier Journal (Ky.)
- United States. -- Civil Service Act.
- Journalism -- Editing.
- Suffrage -- History.
- Reconstruction (1914-1939)
- Editors -- Kentucky -- Louisville.
- Pulitzer Prizes.