|提及的人：||Carl L Hart; Carl L Hart; Carl L Hart|
Carl L Hart
|ISBN:||9780062015884 0062015885 0062015893 9780062015891|
|描述：||xii, 340 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|内容：||Where I come from --
Before and after --
Big Mama --
Sex education --
Rap and rewards --
Drugs and guns --
Choices and chances --
Basic training --
"Home is where the hatred is" --
The maze --
Still just a nigga --
The behavior of human subjects --
Hitting home --
The new crack --
In search of salvation --
Drug policy based on fact, not fiction.
|其他題名：||Neuroscientist's journey of self-discovery that challenges everything you know about drugs and society|
"As a youth, Carl Hart didn't realize the value of school; he studied just enough to stay on the basketball team. At the same time, he was immersed in street life. Today he is a cutting-edge neuroscientist--Columbia University's first tenured African American professor in the sciences--whose landmark, controversial research is redefining our understanding of addiction. In this provocative and eye-opening memoir, he recalls his journey of self-discovery and weaves his past and present. Hart goes beyond the hype of the antidrug movement as he examines the relationship among drugs, pleasure, choice, and motivation, both in the brain and in society. His findings shed new light on common ideas about race, poverty, and drugs, and explain why current policies are failing. Though Hart escaped neighborhoods that were dominated by entrenched poverty and the knot of problems associated with it, he has not turned his back on his roots. Determined to make a difference, he tirelessly applies his scientific research to help save real lives. But balancing his former street life with his achievements today has not been easy--a struggle he reflects on publicly for the first time. A powerful story of hope and change, of a scientist who has dedicated his life to helping others, High Price will alter the way we think about poverty, race, and addiction--and how we can effect change."--Publisher's description.
- Hart, Carl L.
- Hart, Carl L. -- Childhood and youth.
- Hart, Carl L. -- Drug use.
- Neuroscientists -- United States -- Biography.
- Ex-drug addicts -- United States -- Biography.
- Drugs of abuse -- Physiological effect.
- Drug abuse -- Social aspects.
- Drug addicts -- Psychology.
- Drug addicts -- Rehabilitation.
- Drug abuse -- United States.
- Substance-Related Disorders -- rehabilitation.
- Drug Users -- psychology.
- African American scientists -- Biography.
- Carmichael Browsing Collection Favorites(259 資料)
由 CarmichaelLibrary 已更新 大約三週前
- wifys(4 資料)
由 shaglizzy4 已更新 2016-04-19
- Claremont Fall 2014 CABs (after Jul 15)(284 資料)
由 HuntleyBookstore 已更新 2014-07-26
- Nov 2013 Luria Library(171 資料)
由 skgentry 已更新 2013-12-05
- Browsing Recommendations(33 資料)
由 jasondcooper 已更新 2013-06-28