Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc
Caricatures and cartoons
|Named Person:||Rudyard Kipling; Rudyard Kipling; Rudyard Kipling; Rudyard Kipling; Rudyard Kipling; Rudyard Kipling; Edmonia Taylor Hill; Frederick Temple Blackwood Dufferin and Ava, Marquis of|
|Material Type:||Graphic, Original artwork, Photograph, Picture, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Visual material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edmonia Taylor Hill; Rudyard Kipling; Carpenter Kipling Collection (Library of Congress)
|Language Note:||Typescript captions in English added.|
|Notes:||Includes materials cited by J.M. Stewart, Kipling, a bibliographical catalogue, p. 540-541: "I cannot write, I cannot think", 16 lines of verse presented to Mrs. S.A. Hill in March 1889; three limericks written on board the S.S. City of Peking in May 1889; "In the City of Berlin" manuscript poem written by Kipling on the back of the ships menu for September 25, 1889; "The diary of the thing that happened" (manuscript purporting to be the diary of a passenger at sea written on ship's stationery of the S.S. City of Berlin, dated September 25, 1889) and Euchre limerick.
Title from caption title on typewritten table of contents numbered 30-34. Caption title reads: "Hill Collection of Sketches, Verses, Autograph Manuscripts".
LC copy title also cited as Pen & brush sketches in LC Rare Book and Special Materials Division card files.
|Description:||1 scrapbook (ca. 60 items) ; 32 x 31 cm.|
|Other Titles:||Scrapbook of Kipling memorabilia
Pen & brush sketches
- Kipling, Rudyard, -- 1865-1936 -- Manuscripts.
- Kipling, Rudyard, -- 1865-1936 -- Notebooks, sketchbooks, etc.
- Kipling, Rudyard, -- 1865-1936 -- Travel -- Pictorial works.
- Kipling, Rudyard, -- 1865-1936 -- Homes and haunts -- India -- Pictorial works.
- Kipling, Rudyard, -- 1865-1936 -- Caricatures and cartoons.
- Kipling, Rudyard, -- 1865-1936 -- Correspondence.
- Hill, Edmonia Taylor, -- -1952 -- Correspondence.
- Dufferin and Ava, Frederick Temple Blackwood, -- Marquis of, -- 1826-1902.