Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Cowan, Henry J.
Historical outline of architectural science.
Amsterdam, New York, Elsevier Pub. Co., 1966
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Henry J Cowan
|Description:||x, 175 pages illustrations 22 cm.|
|Contents:||1. The traditional architectural forms and the beginning of the era of scientific structural design --
2. One-dimensional structures and the invention of steel and reinforced concrete construction --
3. Two-dimensional structures and the development of the rigid frame theory --
4. Three-dimensional structures and the mechanization of structural design --
5. Environmental design replaces structure as the principal problem of architectural science --
6. The new building materials and the industrialization of building.
|Series Title:||Architectural science series.|
|Other Titles:||Architectural science|
|Responsibility:||by Henry J. Cowan.|