Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
|Named Person:||Walter Raleigh, Sir; John White; Walter Raleigh, Sir; John White|
|Material Type:||Document, Government publication, State or province government publication, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert Beverley; Simon Gribelin; University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Documenting the American South (Project); University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Library.
|Notes:||Title from electronic title page (viewed March 25, 2009).
This electronic edition is part of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill digital library, Documenting the American South. It is part of the collection Library of Southern literature.
Text transcribed by Apex Data Services, Inc. Images scanned by Brian Deitz. Text encoded by Apex Data Services, Inc., and Sarah Ficke.
First edition of the earliest history of Virginia, after Captain John Smith's, and was written primarily to correct Oldmixon.--Church 821.
|Details:||Mode of access: World Wide Web.|
|Contents:||I. The history of the first settlement of Virginia, and the government thereof, to the present time --
II. The natural productions and conveniencies of the country, suited to trade and improvement --
III. The native Indians, their religion, laws, and customs, in war and peace --
IV. The present state of the country as to the polity of the government and the improvements of the land.
|Other Titles:||Library of Southern literature.|
|Responsibility:||by a native and inhabitant of the place.|
- Raleigh, Walter, -- Sir, -- 1552?-1618.
- White, John, -- active 1585-1593.
- Indians of North America -- Virginia -- Early works to 1800.
- Slaves -- Virginia -- History -- 18th century.
- Virginia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Virginia -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Virginia -- Politics and government -- To 1775.
- North Carolina -- Discovery and exploration -- Early works to 1800.
- Raleigh, Walter, -- Sir, -- approximately 1552-1618.
- Discoveries in geography.
- Indians of North America.
- Political science.
- North Carolina.