Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Early works to 1800
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Beverley, Robert, approximately 1673-1722.
History and present state of Virginia.
Chapel Hill : Published for the Institute of Early American History and Culture at Williamsburg, Va., by the University of North Carolina Press, 1947
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Robert Beverley; Louis B Wright; Institute of Early American History and Culture (Williamsburg, Va.)
|Notes:||Reproduction of the Huntington Library copy of the original edition (London : Printed for R. Parker, 1705)--Cf. p. xxxiv.|
|Description:||xxxv, 366 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||The history of the first settlement of Virginia, and the government therof, to the present time --
The natural productions and conveniencies of the country, suited to trade and improvement --
The native Indians, their religion, laws, and customs in war and peace --
The present state of the coutnry, as to the polity of the government, and the improvements of the land.
|Responsibility:||by Robert Beverley ; edited with an introduction by Louis B. Wright.|
- Virginia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.
- Virginia -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Indians of North America -- Virginia -- Early works to 1800.
- Indians of North America.
- Virginie (États-Unis) -- 1600-1775 (Période coloniale)
- United States, Virginia -- History -- Colonial period, ca. 1600-1775.