Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Integral errata lists (Printing)
Cartouches (Type evidence)
Type ornaments (Printing)
Contemporary bindings (Binding)
Translations into English
Early works to 1800
|Named Person:||David Cranz|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
David Cranz; John Gambold; James Dodsley; T Cadell; William Sandby; Samuel Bladon; Charles Dilly; John Foxcroft, Esq; A Kip; P R Maverick; Catharine Bradford; Brethren's Society for the Furtherance of the Gospel among the Heathen,; T. Becket and P.A. de Hondt,; New York Society Library.
|Notes:||"In two volumes."
Pagination, v. 1: , lix, , 405,  (last p. blank),  leaves of plates; v. 2: , 497,  p.
Errata on terminal p., v. 2.
Edited and in part translated by John Gambold.
Library set bears ex-libris engraved by P.R. Maverick on front paste-downs, v. 1-2; the Notice by Trustees pasted over the ex-libris in v. 1; in MS, black ink at upper left of the ex-libris, v. 2: No. 311. Inscribed on front free end-paper recto in black ink: NYork Society Library, / A. Kip. On back paste-down, v. 2, armorial, engraved ex-libris of John Foxcroft, Esqr., pasted upside-down; autograph signature in black ink on p. , v.2: John Foxcroft Esqr. Listed in 1791 catalogue, p. 91, 8°; author's name erroneously printed as Grant; 1793 catalogue, p. 32, No. 310; in the First ledger as His. Greenland. Borrowed by Catharine Bradford (volume not specified) on January 31st, 1792 and returned on February 1st.
|Description:||2 volumes : illustrations (some folded), folded maps ; 22 cm (8°)|
|Other Titles:||Historie van Groenland.
First Ledger (New York Society Library)
|Responsibility:||by David Crantz ; translated from the High-Dutch, and illustrated with maps and other copper-plates.|
- Cranz, David, -- 1723-1777 -- Translations into English.
- Moravian Church -- Missions -- Early works to 1800.
- Missions -- Greenland -- Early works to 1800.
- Greenland -- History -- Early works to 1800.
- Greenland -- Description and travel -- Early works to 1800.
- Moravian Church -- Missions -- Greenland -- History -- Early works to 1800.
- Missions -- Greenland -- History -- Early works to 1800.
- Moravians -- Missions -- Early works to 1800.