Joseph F Spillane; David B Wolcott
|ISBN:||9781412981330 1412981336 9781412981347 1412981344|
|描述：||xi, 343 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.|
The challenge of policing, 1830s-1920s --
Progressivism and the courts, 1890s-1920s --
Punishment in the progressive era, 1890s-1930s --
Dark days in the South, 1870s-1930s --
Criminal justice research and professionalism, 1920s-1960s --
Liberalism's twin revolutions, 1930-1960s --
The expanding federal state, 1920s-1990s --
The politics of law and order, 1960s-2000s --
American criminal justice in global context, 1800s-2000s.
|责任：||Joseph F. Spillane, David B. Wolcott.|
Focuses on the modern aspects of the Criminal Justice, from 1900 to the present. This book offers students the advanced in historical scholarship that made relevant to their needs as future practitioners in the field.
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- United States -- History.
- Criminal procedure -- United States -- History.
- Punishment -- United States -- History.
- Crime -- United States -- History.
- Crime -- Government policy -- United States.
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- United States -- Case studies.