Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
C J Rawling; Tim McKinney
|Notes:||"Being a narrative of the military movements in the mountains of Virginia, in the Shenandoah Valley and east of the Blue Ridge during the War of the Rebellion, of the First Regiment Virginia Infantry Volunteers--three months' and three years' service."
Originally published: Philadelphia : J.B. Lippincott, 1887. With new material, including an index, photographs, material from the Adjutant General's report of 1864, biographical data and statistical analysis of the regiments service.
|Description:||320 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||Political and Social Condition of the People of the Panhandle Counties of Virginia --
Enrollment of Volunteers for the Three Months' Service --
Organization of the Three Months' Regiment --
Departure for the Seat of War and " Battle" of Philippi --
Other Operations-End of Term of Enlistment-Muster Out of Regiment-Result of the Campaign --
Recruiting for the Three Years' Regiment-Organization and Departure for the Field --
Operations in General-Arrival of the Regiment at Romney-The Ration, Forage, etc. --
Affair at Blue's Gap-Retreat from Romney-Death of General Lander, etc.
|Responsibility:||by C.J. Rawling ; new material by Tim McKinney.|
- United States. -- Army. -- West Virginia Infantry Regiment, 1st (1861-1864)
- West Virginia -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.
- Regimental histories.
- United States.
- West Virginia.
- United States, Virginia -- Military history -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.
- United States, West Virginia -- Military history -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Regimental histories.