David Crowe; Mazal Holocaust Collection.
|描述：||xvi, 317 pages : map ; 22 cm|
|責任：||David M. Crowe.|
"A History of the Gypsies of Eastern Europe and Russia, drawn from previously untapped East European, Russian, and traditional sources, explores the life, history, and culture of the Gypsies, or Roma, from their early appearance in the region during the Middle Ages until the present. David Crowe's study looks at the rich and diverse cultural and historical traditions of the Gypsies in each nation and region. He covers Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Romania, the republics of the former Yugoslavia, Albania, and the states that made up the former Soviet Union. He focuses in particular on Russia, where the Gypsies have exerted a profound influence on literary and musical traditions." "Crowe also explores the virulent prejudice and mistreatment that has been so much a part of the Gypsies' tragic history and culminated in their losses during the Nazi Holocaust. He concludes with a close look at the revival of this prejudice and the plight of the Roma today as they struggle to redefine their role in the new worlds of post-communist Eastern Europe and Russia."--Jacket.
- Romanies -- Russia (Federation) -- History.
- Romanies -- Russia -- History.
- Romanies -- Europe, Eastern -- History.
- Russia -- Ethnic relations.
- Russia (Federation) -- Ethnic relations.
- Europe, Eastern -- Ethnic relations.
- Ethnic relations.
- Europe, Eastern.
- Russia (Federation)
- Tsiganes -- URSS -- Histoire.
- Tsiganes -- Russie -- Histoire.
- Tsiganes -- Ex-URSS -- Histoire.
- Ex-URSS -- Relations interethniques.
- Russie -- Relations interethniques.
- URSS -- Relations interethniques.
- Europe de l'Est -- Relations interethniques.