Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Biography Early works to 1800
|Additional Physical Format:||Online version:
Stiles, Ezra, 1727-1795.
History of three of the judges of King Charles I, Major-General Whalley, Major-General Goffe, and Colonel Dixwell.
Hartford : Printed by Elisha Babcock, 1794
|Named Person:||Edward Whalley; William Goffe; John Dixwell; Theophilus Whale; John Dixwell; William Goffe; Theophilus Whale; Edward Whalley|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Ezra Stiles; Elisha Babcock; Amos Doolittle
|Notes:||"The plates, which illustrate the various traditional abodes of the regicides, are numbered from 1 to 9 inclusive, but there is no plate 7 in any of the copies seen, and it is probable none was made."--Evans. Plates III, VIII and IX engraved by Amos Doolittle; frontispiece portrait of Stiles engraved by Doolittle after a painting by Reuben Moulthrop.
Signatures: [A]⁶ B-U⁶ V⁶ W⁶ X-2E⁶.
Printer's notice to the subscribers, p. .
Errata slip mounted on p. 357.
|Description:||357,  p., , ix [i.e., viii?] leaves of plates (3 folded) : ill., maps, port. ; 18 cm. (12mo)|
|Responsibility:||by President Stiles.|
- Whalley, Edward, -- -1675?
- Goffe, William, -- 1605?-1679?
- Dixwell, John, -- approximately 1607-1688 or 1689.
- Whale, Theophilus, -- approximately 1616-approximately 1719.
- Regicides -- Great Britain -- Biography -- Early works to 1800.
- Dixwell, John, -- approximately 1607-1688 or 1689
- Whale, Theophilus, -- approximately 1616-approximately 1719
- Great Britain.