Encontrar uma cópia na biblioteca
Encontrando bibliotecas que possuem este item...
|Gênero/Forma:||Criticism, interpretation, etc|
|Formato Físico Adicional:||Online version:
Holiness of the real.
Madison, NJ : Fairleigh Dickinson University Press, ©1996
|Pessoa Denominada:||Kenneth Rexroth; Kenneth Rexroth; Kenneth Rexroth; Kenneth Rexroth|
|Tipo de Documento:||Livro|
|Todos os Autores / Contribuintes:||
|Descrição:||276 pages ; 25 cm|
|Conteúdos:||1. Introduction: The Crystalline Poetry of Kenneth Rexroth --
2. Natural Supernaturalism: The Nature Verse --
3. Eros Sacred and Profane: The Love Verse --
4. Lost Left Causes and Individualistic Presence in Rexroth's Political Verse --
5. Concentric Affinities: The Love-Nature Verse --
6. The Holiness of the Ordinary: The Literary-Social Journalism of Kenneth Rexroth.
The book is divided into six chapters. The first, following a preface, is a general introduction to Rexroth, covering his career and cultural position in American society, his prosody, influences on his verse, theorizing on his poetics, and speculation about why he has been ignored by the literary canon makers in academe and elsewhere. The next four chapters deal with large and basic subject categories in Rexroth's verse: nature, political, love, and love-nature verse. The final chapter provides an overview of Rexroth as a literary and social critic-journalist, amplifying the sense of his scope as an intellect and personality. A brief conclusion follows.