Video recordings for the hearing impaired
Charlene Gilbert; Marsha J Tyson Darling; Pete Daniel; Warren James; Clifford M Hardin; Robert Browne; Fannie Lou Hamer; Kinfolk Productions.; California Newsreel (Firm); Independent Television Service.
|餘額：||Photography, Michele Crenshaw ; editor, Kim Mayhorn ; music, Dwight Andrews.|
|表演者：||Featuring Marsha Darling (Georgetown U.), Pete Daniel (author), Warren James (farmer), Ralph Paige (Federation of Southern Cooperatives), Clifford Hardin (USDA), Robert Browne (Emergency Land Fund), (voice of) Fannie Lou Hamer (activist), Shirley Sherrod (Fed. of Southern Cooperatives), Lynmore James (Georgia representative), Neal Leonard (Farm Service Agency).|
|描述：||1 videodisc (56 min.) : sd., col. with b&w sequences ; 4 3/4 in.|
|其他題名：||Sometimes I am haunted by memories of red dirt and clay|
|責任：||produced and directed by Charlene Gilbert ; KinFolk Productions, Inc. in association with Independent Television Service.|
A documentary film exploring the history of ownership of farm lands by African Americans from Reconstruction to the present day. Their struggle for land of their own pitted them against both the Southern white power structure and the federal agencies responsible for helping them. As part of Reconstruction, Congress alloted 45 million acres of land to former slaves but little land was ever actually distributed. Despite formidable obstacles one million African Americans, mostly former sharecroppers, managed to purchase over 15 million acres of land by 1910.
- Agriculture -- Southern States -- History.
- Agriculture -- Economic aspects -- Southern States -- History.
- Family farms -- Southern States -- History.
- African American farmers -- Southern States -- History.
- Land tenure -- Southern States -- History.
- African Americans -- Civil rights -- Southern States -- History.
- Agricultural cooperative credit associations -- Southern States -- History.
- Reconstruction (U.S. history, 1865-1877)
- African Americans -- Economic conditions -- History.
- African American farmers -- Southern States.
- African Americans -- History -- 20th century.
- African Americans -- Land tenure.
- African American farmers.
- African Americans.
- African Americans -- Civil rights.
- African Americans -- Economic conditions.
- Agricultural cooperative credit associations.
- Agriculture -- Economic aspects.
- Family farms.
- Land tenure.
- Southern States.
- United States.