|类型/形式：||Detective and mystery fiction
|描述：||viii, 289 pages ; 18 cm.|
"Brooklyn Wainwright is a skilled surgeon. Sure, her patients might smell like mold and have spines made of leather, but no ailing book is going to die on her watch. The same can't be said of Abraham Karastovsky, Brooklyn's friend and former employer. On the eve of the celebration for his latest book restoration, Brooklyn finds her mentor lying a pool of his own blood. With his final breath, Abraham leaves Brooklyn a cryptic message, 'Remember the devil, ' and smiles as she takes possession of his priceless, and supposedly cursed, copy of Goethe's Faust ..."--Page 4 of cover.
- Wainwright, Brooklyn (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Books -- Conservation and restoration -- Fiction.
- Murder -- Investigation -- California -- San Francisco -- Fiction.
- Women detectives -- California -- San Francisco -- Fiction.
- Rare books -- Fiction.
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- Fiction.
- Books -- Conservation and restoration.
- Murder -- Investigation.
- Rare books.
- Wainwright, Brooklyn (Fictitious character)
- Women detectives.
- California -- San Francisco.
- Mystery fiction.