Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Edward Eggleston; Frederick Burr Opper; W E B Starkweather; Allegra Eggleston; Thompson & Thomas.; Orange Judd & Company.
|Notes:||Reprint of Library edition published in New York, O. Judd, 1892. Cf. BAL 5150.
Copyright holder for 1871 & 1892 are Orange Judd & Company.
Some illustrations by Allegra Eggleston.
"I can claim for this book the distinction, such as it is, of being the first of the dialect stories that depict a life quite beyond New England influence"--Author's preface, p. 7.
|Description:||281 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, portrait ; 20 cm|
|Responsibility:||revised with an introduction and notes on the district by the author, Edward Eggleston ; with character sketches by F. Opper and other illustrations by W.E.B. Starkweather.|
- Boys -- Conduct of life -- Fiction.
- Conduct of life -- Fiction.
- Country life -- Indiana -- Fiction.
- Teachers -- Indiana -- Fiction.
- Schools -- Indiana -- Fiction.
- Teacher-student relationships -- Fiction.
- Trials -- Fiction.
- Dialect literature, American.
- Boys -- Conduct of life.
- Conduct of life.
- Country life.
- Teacher-student relationships.