Horace Greeley; Schuyler Colfax; Scholarly Resources Inc.; New York Public Library. Center for the Humanities.
|描述：||4 microfilm reels ; 35 mm.|
|内容：||Container list to letters, 1856 (reel 1) --
Letters, 1857-1870 (reel 2) --
Letters, 1871 to ephemera (reel 3) --
Family correspondence to miscellaneous (reel 4).
|其他題名：||Horace Greeley papers, 1831-1873 : guide to the Scholarly Resources Microfilm edition.|
This collection comprises Horace Greeley's correspondence from his arrival in New York City in 1831 until his death in 1872. Miscellaneous writings, his "farm book," relating to the farm he purchased in 1853 in Chappaqua, New York, financial records, personal papers, a scrapbook, newspaper clippings and other ephemera relating to Greeley's life and career are also included. In addition this collection contains a substantial number of letters from Greeley to Schuyler Colfax, beginning when Colfax became an Indiana correspondent for the New York Tribune in 1842 at age nineteen. The correspondence, relating mainly to politics and legislation in Indiana, New York, and the United States, continued through Colfax's career in the House of Representatives and as vice-president under Ulysses S. Grant, until Greeley's death in 1872.
- Greeley, Horace, -- 1811-1872.
- New York tribune (New York : 1841)
- Journalism -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Journalism -- Indiana.
- Legislation -- New York (State)
- Legislation -- United States.
- Legislation -- Indiana.
- United States -- Politics and government -- 1849-1877.
- New York (State) -- Politics and government -- 1775-1865.
- Indiana -- Politics and government.