Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Marguerite, Queen consort of Henry IV King of France; Catherine de Médicis, Queen consort of Henry II King of France; Catherine de Médicis, Queen consort of Henry II King of France; Marguerite, Queen consort of Henry IV King of France|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9780727868886 0727868888 9781847512314 1847512313|
|Description:||260 pages : genealogical tables ; 23 cm|
A brand-new historical novel from a well-loved storyteller --
Marguerite de Valois, the most beautiful woman in the French Court, is the subject of great intrigue. She loves Henri of Guise, but is married off to Henry of Navarre, which --
her mother hopes --
will bring peace to the realm. But, within days, the streets of Paris are awash with blood, and Marguerite and her new husband are held hostage by her own family. Can they ever hope to escape alive? In a court rife with murder, jealousy and the hunger for power, it will not be an easy task.
- Marguerite, -- Queen, consort of Henry IV, King of France, -- 1553-1615 -- Fiction.
- Catherine de Médicis, -- Queen, consort of Henry II, King of France, -- 1519-1589 -- Fiction.
- Catherine de Médicis, -- Queen, consort of Henry II, King of France, -- 1519-1589.
- Marguerite, -- Queen, consort of Henry IV, King of France, -- 1553-1615.
- Saint Bartholomew's Day, Massacre of, France, 1572 -- Fiction.
- France -- History -- Wars of the Huguenots, 1562-1598 -- Hostages -- Fiction.