Pinter, Harold, 1930-2008.
New York : Grove Press : Distributed by Random House, 1980
|ISBN:||0394513959 9780394513959 0394176758 9780394176758 0802136435 9780802136435|
|描述：||154 pages ; 21 cm|
|责任：||by Harold Pinter.|
"A black comedy set in a government-run mental institution, The Hothouse revolves around a sinister murder plot hatched against a backdrop of corruption, sexual favors, and hopeless bureaucratic ineptitude. Beneath the surface comedy there are frightening implications concerning a bureaucracy ostensibly dedicated to humanitarian concerns, but where people are referred to by numbers and forgotten as easily as troublesome figures on a balance sheet. Written in 1958, The Hothouse was first performed at London's Hampstead Theatre in April, 1980, in a production directed by Pinter himself."--Jacket.
- Abused women -- Drama.
- Despotism -- Drama.
- Inmates of institutions -- Abuse of -- Drama.
- Sex crimes -- Drama.
- Violence -- Moral and ethical aspects -- Drama.
- English drama -- 20th century.
- England -- Social life and customs -- 20th century -- Drama.
- Personnages : 7 (6h-1f)
- Abused women.
- English drama.
- Inmates of institutions -- Abuse of.
- Manners and customs.
- Sex crimes.
- Violence -- Moral and ethical aspects.