Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Files include book and journal contracts, along with related materials such as: copyright renewals, assignment of copyrights, copyright certificates, copyright cards, copyright deposit receipts, purchase orders, title pages, correspondence and interoffice memoranda, option agreements, and literary scout agreements. Correspondence and interoffice memoranda usually concern the fate of printing plates, royalties, remaindering of books and authors' estates and executorships. Documents and correspondence about wills and estates are noted. Also includes business records (disposal of printing plates, remainders, royalties), non-book contracts, and occasionally correspondence not related to contracts.
- Houghton, Osgood, and Company.
- Allen & Ticknor.
- Fields, Osgood and Company.
- H.O. Houghton & Company.
- Houghton Mifflin Company.
- Houghton, Mifflin and Company.
- Hurd & Houghton.
- James R. Osgood and Company.
- Riverside Press (Cambridge, Mass.)
- Ticknor and Fields.
- Ticknor, Reed, and Fields.
- William D. Ticknor & Co.
- American literature -- 19th century.
- American literature -- 20th century.
- American poetry -- 19th century.
- American poetry -- 20th century.
- Authors, American -- 19th century.
- Authors, American -- 20th century.
- Authors and publishers -- 19th century.
- Authors and publishers -- 20th century.
- Book proposals.
- Book registration, National.
- Copyright -- United States.
- Publishers and publishing.