Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Abraham Lincoln|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||ix, 354 pages : illustrations ; 25 cm|
|Contents:||Long, narrow boxes --
The cooper and the rail-splitter. His hour had not yet come ; The apprentice ; How I became a detective ; Ardent spirits ; Pink lady ; Let us dare to do our duty ; It's coming yet --
Plums and nuts. A pig-tail whistle ; Mobtown ; Suspicions of danger ; Hostile organizations ; The man and the hour ; If I alone must do it ; A postponed rebellion ; A rabid rebel ; A single red ballot ; Whitewash ; The music agent ; A few determined men ; An assault of some kind ; The assassin's knife --
The martyr and the scapegoat. The flight of Abraham ; The hour of peril ; Some very tall swearing ; An infamous lie.
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
History comes to life
There is no mystery how this book will end: Lincoln survives his journey and is inaugurated as President of the United States. And yet somehow Daniel Stashower has turned historical fact into a nail-biting thriller. I was expecting essentially a biography of Lincoln's time leading up to his presidency,...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Lincoln, Abraham, -- 1809-1865 -- Assassination attempt, 1861.
- Presidents -- Assassination attempts -- United States.
- Baltimore (Md.) -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865.
User lists with this item (6)
- Three Grok(170 items)
by improbability updated about 20 minutes ago
- "E & F" Lamson's Newest Acquisitions in American History(99 items)
by LamsonFitz updated about 4 days ago
- FHL Non Fiction(448 items)
by belcherc updated 2014-10-24
- Books to Add to CCL(17 items)
by m1045536 updated 2014-05-24
- Things to Check Out(10 items)
by hkswank updated 2014-02-21