Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Elementary and junior high school, Fiction, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Book, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Patricia Reilly Giff
|ISBN:||0385730667 9780385730662 0385908792 9780385908795|
|Description:||148 p. ; 21 cm.|
|Responsibility:||Patricia Reilly Giff.|
WorldCat User Reviews (1)
A fast-moving, sometimes tense, gentle story of a young German girl's immigration to New York in the 1870s. With a strong, likeable protagonist, period details, authentic setting, and human circumstances that inspire empathy, this story fits ideally with the ASD 6th grade social studies...
- Was this review helpful to you?
- Emigration and immigration -- Fiction.
- German Americans -- Fiction.
- Sewing -- Fiction.
- Uncles -- Fiction.
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.) -- History -- 19th century -- Fiction.
- Emigration and immigration -- Juvenile fiction.
- German Americans -- Juvenile fiction.
- Sewing -- Juvenile fiction.
- Uncles -- Juvenile fiction.
- Brooklyn (New York, N.Y.) -- History -- 19th century -- Juvenile fiction.