Hawthorne, Nathaniel, 1804-1864.
House of the seven gables.
New York : Dodd, Mead & Company, ©1950
|材料类型：||小说, 少年观众, 互联网资源|
Nathaniel Hawthorne; Basil Davenport; Dodd, Mead & Company.
|注意：||Publisher's advertisements follow text.|
|描述：||xiii, 335,  pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations, portraits ; 23 cm.|
|丛书名：||Great illustrated classics.|
|责任：||with illustrations reproducing drawings for early editions and photos. of contemporary scenes together with an introductory biographical sketch of the author and anecdotal captions by Basil Davenport.|
Colonel Pyncheon does well in denouncing Old Matthew: he founds a New England dynasty and builds a remarkable mansion; but on its opening day he is found dead, slaked in his own blood. By 1840, that dynasty is almost spent; amid the dust and decay of the Seven Gables, Clifford and Hepzibah believe in their own continued nobility as much as they believe in the mysterious curse still tracking the Pyncheons.
- Children -- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.
- Conduct of life -- Juvenile fiction.
- Haunted houses -- Juvenile fiction.
- Brothers and sisters -- Juvenile fiction.
- Families -- Massachusetts -- Salem -- Juvenile fiction.
- Murderers -- Juvenile fiction.
- Prisoners -- Juvenile fiction.
- Cousins -- Juvenile fiction.
- Salem (Mass.) -- Juvenile fiction.
- Massachusetts -- Juvenile fiction.
- Brothers and sisters.
- Children -- Conduct of life.
- Conduct of life.
- Haunted houses.
- Massachusetts -- Salem.