The Hull-House Collection was assembled by the Special Collections Department of the University of Illinois at Chicago beginning in 1966. It consists of material documenting the history of Hull-House from its founding in 1889 until the mid 1960s when the settlement moved from its original location on Halsted Street. The materials have been collected from a variety of sources including members of the Hull-House Board of Trustees. The majority of this collection was acquired between 1966 and 1972, however new material continues to be added. The collection was arranged for the first time in 1973. In 2004, new accessions were integrated and the collection was partially rearranged. The folder numbers assigned during the original arrangement of this collection have been maintained. As a result, the folder numbers are not in strict numerical order. Folders marked with an asterisk are oversized.