Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Huang, Quanyu, 1951-
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 online resource|
|Contents:||The besieged city. Journey to the West ; Chinese education versus American education ; China's educational "earthquake" --
"Chinese-American" education. Tigers without a "tiger mom" ; Who still dreams the American dream" ; Chinese-American education : "co-core synergy education" --
Education can change God's will. To win or to have fun? ; Why do the Chinese have to "win" education? ; How do the Chinese "win" education? --
Developing kids' ambitions before discovering their interests. Should kids be able to choose their careers? ; Talents or interests? ; Should we make children eat broccoli? --
What does "parenting" mean in a Chinese-American family? Chinese parents and "sacrifice" ; turning power into authority? ; Chinese parents and "greed" --
The life union as a model for family. A "me" or an "I"? ; Carrying guilt versus carrying loans ; Independence versus filial piety ; All projects are family projects --
Other interesting phenomena in Chinese-American families. In order to gain, is it necessary to give up first? ; Physical or psychological punishment? ; Fish or fishing? ; What is the main responsibility of a student in the family?
- Asian American children -- Education.
- Children of immigrants -- Education -- United States.
- Asian Americans -- Attitudes.
- Successful people -- United States.
- Asian Americans -- Social conditions.
- Education -- Parent participation.
- FAMILY & RELATIONSHIPS -- Education.
- EDUCATION -- Administration -- General.
- EDUCATION -- Organizations & Institutions.
- Parent Participation.
- Children of immigrants -- Education.
- Successful people.
- United States.