McInerny, Ralph, 1929-2010.
I alone have escaped to tell you.
Notre Dame, Ind. : University of Notre Dame Press, 2006
|提及的人：||Ralph McInerny; Ralph McInerny; Ralph M McInerny; Ralph M McInerny|
|描述：||167 p. ; 24 cm.|
|内容：||Reflections in a golden I --
Spoiled priest --
Learning how to die --
Notre Dame --
Vatican II --
Editor and publisher --
International Catholic University --
On the banks of the mainstream.
"With I Alone Have Escaped to Tell You, Ralph McInerny describes his childhood in Minnesota; his grammar school and seminary education, his decision to leave the path toward ordination; his marriage to his beloved Connie and their active family life and travels; and his life as a fiction writer. We learn of his career as a Catholic professor of philosophy at Notre Dame, his views on the Catholic Church, his experiences as an editor and publisher of Catholic magazines and reviews, his involvement with the International Catholic University, and his thoughts on other Catholic writers. Part homage to his academic home for the last half century and part appreciation of the many significant friendships he has fostered over his life, McInerny's reminiscences beautifully convey his lively interest in the world and his gift for friendship and collegiality."--Jacket.
- McInerny, Ralph, -- 1929-2010.
- McInerny, Ralph, -- 1929-2010 -- Friends and associates.
- Novelists, American -- 20th century -- Biography.
- Catholic authors -- United States -- Biography.
- College teachers -- United States -- Biography.
- University of Notre Dame -- Biography.
- McInerny, Ralph M.
- McInerny, Ralph M. -- Amis et relations.
- University of Notre Dame -- Biographies.
- Romanciers américains -- 20e siècle -- Biographies.
- Écrivains catholiques -- États-Unis -- Biographies.
- Professeurs (Enseignement supérieur) -- États-Unis -- Biographies.