Baldwin, James, 1924-1987.
If Beale Street could talk.
New York, Dial Press, 1974
|ISBN:||0803741693 9780803741690 0440340608 9780440340607|
|描述：||197 p. 22 cm.|
Like the blues--sweet, sad, and full of truth--this masterful work of fiction rocks us with powerful emotions. In it are anger and pain, but above all, love--the affirmative love of a woman for her man, the sustaining love of the black family. Fonny, a talented young artist, finds himself unjustly arrested and locked in New York's infamous Tombs. But his girlfriend, Tish, is determined to free him, and to have his baby, in this starkly realistic tale ... a powerful indictment of American concepts of justice and punishment in our time.
- African Americans -- Fiction.
- Man-woman relationships -- Fiction.
- African American men -- Fiction.
- Justice (Virtue) -- Fiction.
- African Americans -- Fiction
- Celebration of African-American Fiction - African American History Month(161 資料)
由 carteretlibraries 已更新 2013-03-26
- College Literature Reads(34 資料)
由 booksdiva 已更新 2008-04-16