Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Material Type:||Juvenile audience|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Ellen Levine; Larry Johnson
|Description:||64 p. : col. ill. ; 19 x 23 cm.|
|Contents:||What was the Underground Railway?--How did the Underground Railway get its name?--When did the Underground Railway start running?--What did it mean to be a slave?--Could you buy yourself?--What dangers did you face?--Did you use special signals and codes on the Underground Railway?--Was everyone in the North against slavery?--What did the Presidents of the US think about the Underground Railway?--What would you do when you became free?|
|Responsibility:||by Ellen Levine ; illustrated by Larry Johnson.|
- Underground railroad -- Juvenile literature.
- Fugitive slaves -- United States -- Juvenile literature.
- Underground railroad.
- Fugitive slaves -- United States.
- Fugitive slaves.
- Underground Railroad.
- United States.
User lists with this item (4)
- New Items at Bishop Mueller Library(490 items)
by muellerlibrary updated 2012-02-07
- Nonfiction(499 items)
by johnandtinagilbert updated 2011-01-18
- Civil War Museum III Resource Center, Kenosha, WI(500 items)
by CWMRC updated 2012-02-01
- African Children's Books - 4-6(80 items)
by cunick updated 2009-07-08