|提及的人：||Dwight D Eisenhower; Dwight D Eisenhower; Dwight D Eisenhower|
|ISBN:||9780060756659 0060756659 9780060756666 0060756667|
|描述：||xx, 779 p. : ill., maps ; 24 cm.|
|内容：||The making of a hero --
The White House years.
This biography of Dwight D. Eisenhower places particular emphasis on his brilliant generalship and leadership in World War II, and provides, with the advantage of hindsight, a far more acute analysis of his character and personality than any previously available, reaching the conclusion that he was perhaps America's greatest general and one of America's best presidents. The book starts with the story of D-Day--it was Ike's plan, Ike's decision, Ike's responsibility. But there is more to this book than military history. It is a full biography of a remarkable man, a late starter, a perfectionist, a brilliant leader of men, behind whose easy-going, affable persona was a very different man, fiercely ambitious, hot-tempered, shrewd, and tightly wound. It is as well the portrait of a tumultuous and often difficult marriage, for Mamie was every bit as stubborn and forceful as her husband.--From publisher description.
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. -- (Dwight David), -- 1890-1969.
- Eisenhower, Dwight D. -- (Dwight David), -- 1890-1969 -- Military leadership.
- Presidents -- United States -- Biography.
- Generals -- United States -- Biography.
- Heroes -- United States -- Biography.
- United States. -- Army -- Biography.
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Campaigns.
- Whitman College -- Memorial bookplates -- Class of 1951.
- Verenigde Staten.
- Eisenhower, Dwight D.