Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
Files (document groupings)
|Named Person:||Fannia M Cohn; David Dubinsky; Samuel Gompers; Morris Sigman; H G Wells|
|Material Type:||Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Archival Material, Internet Resource|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Fannia M Cohn; Charles A Beard; Robert W Bruère; Babette Deutsch; Paul Howard Douglas; Harry W Laidler; A J Muste; Grace Scribner; Mark Starr; Alexander Trachtenberg; Carl Van Doren; Theresa Wolfson; International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union. Educational Department. Executive Secretary.
|In:||ILGWU records, 1884-2006, bulk 1923-1995|
|Description:||6 linear feet|
The materials in Series I are primarily letters between Cohn and various individuals pertaining to trade union matters in general and the ILGWU in particular. Included in the series are programs for lectures, concerts, museum visits and tours of New York City that were offered to ILGWU members and others as part of the Education Department's activities.
Series II consists of bulletins, articles, lectures and course outlines. Most of these materials were written by Cohn herself or were prepared under her direction for use at the union's Unity Centers and at the Workers' University. A number of articles are by Mark Starr. There are also lectures by Charles A. Beard; Robert Bruère; Babette Deutsch; Paul H. Douglas; Harry Laidler; A.J. Muste; Grace Scribner; Alexander Trachtenberg; Carl Van Doren; and Theresa Wolfson, among others.
Significant individuals represented in the collection include David Dubinsky, Samuel Gompers, Morris Sigman, Rose Pesotta, and H.G. Wells. Organizations include the Education Department of the ILGWU, the Brookwood Labor College, the AFL, Pioneer Youth of America, the Rand School of Social Science, and Unity House.
- Cohn, Fannia M. -- (Fannia Mary), -- 1885-
- Dubinsky, David, -- 1892-1982.
- Gompers, Samuel, -- 1850-1924.
- Sigman, Morris, -- 1880-1931.
- Wells, H. G. -- (Herbert George), -- 1866-1946.
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union.
- International Ladies' Garment Workers' Union. -- Educational Department.
- American Federation of Labor.
- Brookwood Labor College (Katonah, N.Y.)
- Pioneer Youth of America.
- Rand School of Social Science.
- Clothing workers -- Labor unions -- United States.
- Labor unions -- Officials and employees.
- Labor movement.
- Labor movement -- United States.
- Labor unions.
- Labor unions -- United States.
- Labor unions and education -- United States.
- Working class -- Education -- United States.