Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Gelatin silver prints
|Named Person:||Félix Díaz; Porfirio Díaz; Victoriano Huerta; Francisco I Madero; José María Pino Suárez|
|Material Type:||Graphic, Photograph|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
E S Hackley; Agustín Víctor Casasola; George Robinson Hackley; Texas) Hoffman Bros and Hecox (El Paso; Antonio Garduño; H J (Heliadoro Juan) Gutiérrez Escobar; Félix Miret; Manuel Ramos
|Notes:||Most of the postcards have captions in Spanish in the negative; the prints have ink annotations in English on their versos. Most of the items have the name E. S. Hackley written on their versos in a second hand. Three of the postcards were sent by G. R. Hackely to his wife or his daughter Lucia.
Photographers include: Víctor Agustín Casasola, D. W. Hoffman [Hoffman Brothers and Hecox], Garduño, H. J. Gutierrez, Miret, and Manuel Ramos.
George Robinson Hackely was a American railway official. During the early 1910s he was an agent for the Southern Pacific Road of the Mexico and Sonora Railway, stationed in Mexico City.
|Description:||57 photographic prints (38 postcards and 19 prints) : gelatin silver, printing out paper ; 17.7 x 12.6 cm. and 8.2 x 13.7 cm.|
Images of the Decena Trágica, the ten days of fighting between the Felicistas (followers of Félix Díaz) and federalist troops led by General Huerta, include scenes in and around the Plaza de la Constitutión and the Palacio Nacional, the Ciudadela (government arsenal and stronghold of the Felicistas), and the calles Balderas and other residential areas. Both the fighting and its aftermath are depicted, with an emphasis on the death and destruction found in the city streets.
- Díaz, Félix, -- 1868-1945 -- Portraits.
- Díaz, Porfirio, -- 1830-1915 -- Portraits.
- Huerta, Victoriano, -- 1845-1916 -- Portraits.
- Madero, Francisco I., -- 1873-1913 -- Portraits.
- Pino Suárez, José María, -- 1869-1913 -- Portraits.
- Mexico -- History -- Revolution, 1910-1920 -- Pictorial works.
- Presidents -- Mexico -- Pictorial works.
- Streets -- Mexico -- Mexico City -- Pictorial works.
- Mexico -- History -- Decena Trágica, 1913 -- Pictorial works.
- Mexico City (Mexico) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Pictorial works.
- Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1867-1910 -- Pictorial works.
- Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1910-1946 -- Pictorial works.
- Mexico City (Mexico) -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works.