Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Records and correspondence
|Named Person:||Iwao Matsushita; Hanaye Matsushita; Hanaye Matsushita; Iwao Matsushita; Iwao Matsushita; Hanaye Matsushita|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||xvi, 299 pages : illustrations ; 21 cm.|
|Series Title:||Scott and Laurie Oki series in Asian American studies.|
The story of Iwao Matsushita's determination to clear his name and be reunited with his wife, and of Hanaye Matsushita's growing confusion and despair, unfolds in their correspondence, presented here in full. Louis Fiset helps us to read between the lines to understand Hanaye's displacement from everything safe and familiar and Iwao's unfaltering commitment to his adopted country, despite his imprisonment and the ignominy of suspicion of disloyalty.
- Matsushita, Iwao, -- 1892-1979.
- Matsushita, Hanaye, -- 1898 or 1899-1965.
- Japanese Americans -- Correspondence.
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945.
- Matsushita, Hanaye, -- 1898 or 1899-1965
- Matsushita, Iwao, -- 1892-1979
- Japanese Americans.
- Tweede Wereldoorlog.
- Matsushita, Iwao.
- Matsushita, Hanaye.