도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
David L Kirp
|설명:||viii, 262 pages ; 25 cm|
|내용:||High stakes --
"The pie" : Room 210, George Washington Elementary School --
New kids on the block : George Washington Elementary School --
Grunt work : The endless business of building a great school system --
The magic kingdom : Preschool for all --
Mother Teresa meets Mayor Daley : Good schools = smart politics --
Can these eagles soar? : Union City High School --
Where fun comes to die (and be reborn) : George Washington Elementary School, reprise --
The odyssey continues : Union City School System, one year later --
What Union City can teach America : Nationwide, slow and steady wins the race.
|책임:||David L. Kirp.|
|더 많은 정보:|
"In Improbable Scholars, David L. Kirp challenges the conventional wisdom about public schools and education reform in America through an in-depth look at Union City, New Jersey's high-performing urban school district. In this compelling study, Kirp reveals Union's city's revolutionary secret: running an exemplary school system doesn't demand heroics, just hard and steady work"--
"What Kirp considers an exemplary public school system that is a demonstrable improvement over what generally prevails now is replicable everywhere, requiring only fiercely hard work. Teachers,
- School improvement programs -- New Jersey -- Union City -- Case studies.
- Hispanic American children -- Education -- New Jersey -- Union City -- Case studies.
- Educational equalization -- New Jersey -- Union City -- Case studies.
- SOCIAL SCIENCE -- General.
- EDUCATION -- General.
- POLITICAL SCIENCE -- Public Policy -- General.
- Educational equalization.
- Hispanic American children -- Education.
- School improvement programs.
- New Jersey -- Union City.