Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
Improving health care safety and quality.
Farnham, Surrey ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate, c2011
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|Description:||1 online resource (xix, 328 p.) : ill.|
|Contents:||Why regulate? --
How safe is health care? --
Regulatory actors : who governs health care? --
Regulating the health professions --
Safety cultures and safety systems --
Regulating staff : internal management --
Regulating organizations : external reviews --
Regulation by enforcement : laws, money, and monitoring --
Regulation by patients --
Responsive regulation : trust and transparency.
|Series Title:||Law, ethics and governance.|
'Judith Healy draws on a wealth of international experience in her quest for safe and effective health systems. Her insightful and detailed analysis provides a solid basis for her advocacy of
- Medical care -- Law and legislation.
- Medical care -- Evaluation.
- Medical care -- Safety measures.
- Health facilities -- Safety measures.
- Quality of Health Care -- legislation & jurisprudence.
- Safety Management -- legislation & jurisprudence.
- Delivery of Health Care -- legislation & jurisprudence.
- Health Facilities -- legislation & jurisprudence.
- Health Services -- legislation & jurisprudence.
- HEALTH & FITNESS / Safety