|提及的人：||Amitav Ghosh; Abraham Ben Yijû; Bomma; Amitav Ghosh|
|注意：||"History in a guise of a traveler's tale"--Cover.
Reprint. Originally published: New York : A.A. Knopf, 1993.
|描述：||393 p. ; 21 cm.|
Going back --
Overview: Once upon a time an Indian writer named Amitav Ghosh set out to find an Indian slave, name unknown, who some seven hundred years before had traveled to the Middle East. The journey took him to a small village in Egypt, where medieval customs coexist with twentieth-century desires and discontents. But even as Ghosh sought to re-create the life of his Indian predecessor, he found himself immersed in those of his modern Egyptian neighbors. Combining shrewd observations with painstaking historical research, Ghosh serves up skeptics and holy men, merchants and sorcerers. Some of these figures are real, some only imagined, but all emerge as vividly as the characters in a great novel. In an Antique Land is an inspired work that transcends genres as deftly as it does eras, weaving an entrancing and intoxicating spell.
- Ghosh, Amitav, -- 1956- -- Travel -- Egypt.
- Ben Yijû, Abraham, -- active 12th century.
- Jewish merchants -- Egypt -- Biography.
- Bomma, -- active 12th century.
- Slaves -- Egypt -- Biography.
- Ghosh, Amitav -- (1956-....) -- Voyages -- Égypte.
- Muslim Journeys Bookshelf(26 资料)
由 aschweik 已更新 2013-10-23
- Muslim Journeys - Luria Library books from NEH grant(28 资料)
由 sschuah 已更新 2013-09-18
- Books I read(38 资料)
由 acobos 已更新 大约2天前
- KPL -- Bridging Cultures/Muslim Journeys(29 资料)
由 rchristi 已更新 2013-06-10
- May 2013 Luria Library New Titles(500 资料)
由 sschuah 已更新 2013-05-18