|提及的人：||Amitav Ghosh; Abraham Ben Yijû; Bomma; Abraham Ben Yijû; Bomma; Amitav Ghosh; Amitav Ghosh|
|注意：||"History in a guise of a traveler's tale"--Cover.
Reprint. Originally published: New York : A.A. Knopf, 1993.
|描述：||393 pages ; 21 cm.|
Going back --
Overview: Once upon a time an Indian writer named Amitav Ghosh set out to find an Indian slave, name unknown, who some seven hundred years before had traveled to the Middle East. The journey took him to a small village in Egypt, where medieval customs coexist with twentieth-century desires and discontents. But even as Ghosh sought to re-create the life of his Indian predecessor, he found himself immersed in those of his modern Egyptian neighbors. Combining shrewd observations with painstaking historical research, Ghosh serves up skeptics and holy men, merchants and sorcerers. Some of these figures are real, some only imagined, but all emerge as vividly as the characters in a great novel. In an Antique Land is an inspired work that transcends genres as deftly as it does eras, weaving an entrancing and intoxicating spell.
- Ghosh, Amitav, -- 1956- -- Travel -- Egypt.
- Ben Yijû, Abraham, -- active 12th century.
- Jewish merchants -- Egypt -- Biography.
- Bomma, -- active 12th century.
- Slaves -- Egypt -- Biography.
- Ben Yijû, Abraham, -- active 12th century
- Bomma, -- active 12th century
- Ghosh, Amitav, -- 1956-
- Jewish merchants.
- Ghosh, Amitav, -- (1956- ...) -- Voyages -- Égypte.
- Books I read(84 资料)
由 acobos 已更新 大约2天前
- Muslim Journeys(24 资料)
由 UMLLibraries 已更新 2015-10-27
- Muslim Journeys Bookshelf(26 资料)
由 aschweik 已更新 2013-10-23
- Muslim Journeys - Luria Library books from NEH grant(28 资料)
由 sschuah 已更新 2013-09-18
- KPL -- Bridging Cultures/Muslim Journeys(29 资料)
由 rchristi 已更新 2013-06-10