Alexander McCall Smith
|物理形態：||233 p. ; 22 cm.|
|責任者：||Alexander McCall Smith.|
Sixth in line of the saga of The No 1 Ladies' Detective Agency. Cover blurb: Precious Ramotswe is now married to Mr J.L.B. Maketoni, of Tlokweng Road Speedy Motors. The Agency is busy, but Mma Ramotswe cannot ignore the plea of a woman who comes to her with a tale of particular misfortune. Unfortunately, her attempts to help are interrupted by a close encounter between her tiny white van and a bicycle, and by a spectacular disagreement between her assistant, Mma Makutsi, and one of the apprentices at the garage. This apprentice has found a fancy girlfriend who drives a Mercedes-Benz. How can he be rescued from his folly? And as for Mma Makutsi, she has found a dancing class, and a man who may not be able to dance very well but who admires her greatly. And all of this happens against a background of quiet sessions of bush tea, and of a land that stretches out forever under mile upon mile of empty sky. Both entertaining and moving, 'In The Company Of Cheerful Ladies' is another masterpiece of comic understatement and an affectionate homage to Botswana and its people.
Troubles for Mma Romatswe
- No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (Imaginary organization) -- Fiction.
- Ramotswe, Precious (Fictitious character) -- Fiction.
- Women private investigators -- Botswana -- Fiction.
- Botswana -- Fiction.
- No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency (Imaginary organization)
- Ramotswe, Precious (Fictitious character)
- Women private investigators.