Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Hugh Mehan; Gordon C Chang; Makeba Jones; Season S Mussey
|Description:||1 online resource (vii, 187 pages)|
The context of the study --
Pushing back against the power preserving tendencies of bureaucracies --
Trying to bend the bars of the iron cage: the possibilities and limitations of charter schools as models for successful school reform --
Changes in students aspirations and conduct: the role of institutional arrangements --
Conclusions: contributions to a theory of educational inequality, social policy, and educational equality --
Appendix 1: Theoretical orientation --
Appendix 2: Contributions to a theory of social policy.
|Responsibility:||Hugh Mehan ; with Gordon C. Chang, Makeba Jones, and Season S. Mussey.|
- College preparation programs -- United States.
- Educational equalization -- United States.
- Children with social disabilities -- Education (Secondary) -- United States.
- Charter schools -- United States.
- EDUCATION -- Administration -- General.
- EDUCATION -- Educational Policy & Reform -- General.
- Charter schools.
- Children with social disabilities -- Education (Secondary)
- College preparation programs.
- Educational equalization.
- United States.