Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Pauloosie Angmarlik; Peter Keith Kulchyski; Don N McCaskill; David Newhouse
|ISBN:||080204106X 9780802041067 0802079539 9780802079534|
|Description:||xxv, 458 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm|
|Contents:||"Every song you sing just keeps getting better and better" / Margaret Paul --
"I have seen a real beautiful thing" / Albert Ward --
"My heritage was so ingrained in me that I knew I would never lose it" / Twylah Hurd Nitsch --
"I would say when you search after truth, truth is that which you will find that is dependable and is of use to you" / Ernest Benedict --
"We have to go back to the original teachings" / Liza Mosher --
"It's just like reading a book when I am talking to you" / Alex Skead --
"I really believe in the land and I care about my people" / Elizabeth Penashue --
"The Elders have waited for the young people to ask such things" / James Carpenter --
"Life today is what I find strange" / Rachael Uyarasuk --
"I never say what I have heard, I only tell what I have experienced, because I do not want to lie" / Pauloosie Angmarlik --
"If they read what you are writing, this is the teachings, this is some of the teachings that we want them to read about" / Eva McKay --
"This was one of the predictions, that our traditions will come back some day" / Wilf Tootoosis --
"Our culture will not die because our culture is nature through God, that's the way it's always going to be. It will never die" / Martha Rabesca --
"I still am in love with the land, I am still in love with my history" / George Blondin --
"That's why I figure, well, this is a chance for me to tell. It was a tough life" / Mary Anne Mason --
"When I came home my Elders taught us that all our people who have passed on are still around us" / Vince Stogan.
|Responsibility:||Pauloosie Angmarlik [and others] ; edited by Peter Kulchyski, Don McCaskill, and David Newhouse.|
- Older Indians -- Canada -- Interviews.
- Indians of North America -- Canada -- History.
- Indians of North America -- Ethnic identity.
- Indians of North America -- Cultural assimilation -- Canada.
- Native peoples -- Canada -- History.
- Personnes âgées indiennes d'Amérique -- Canada -- Entretiens.
- Autochtones -- Canada -- Mœurs et coutumes.
- Autochtones -- Canada -- Conditions sociales.
- Indians of North America.
- Indians of North America -- Cultural assimilation.
- Older Indians.
- Inheemse volken.
- Indiens -- Amérique du Nord -- Acculturation.
- Indiens -- Amérique du Nord -- Conditions sociales.
- Indiens -- Amérique du Nord -- Identité collective.
- Soziale Integration.
- Ethnische Identität.