|提及的人：||Richard Adler; Clive Barnes; George Abbott; George Abbott|
Richard Adler; Clive Barnes; Michael Riedel; Susan Haskins; Stephen Ahern; Carpe Canem Productions.
|注意：||Credits at end of tape.
The episode # of Inside Broadway is not indicated on tape.
|表演者：||Interviewers: Susan Haskins and Michael Riedel.|
|活動注釋：||Videotaped at Vidlo Studios, New York, N.Y. on Feb. 16, 1995.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (U-matic) (29 min.) : sd., col. NTSC ; 3/4 in.|
|責任：||[produced by Susan Haskins] ; Carpe Canem Productions ; director, Stephen Ahern.|
Composer Richard Adler and drama critic Clive Barnes talk with co-hosts Susan Haskins and Michael Riedel about theatrical producer and director George Abbott, who died two weeks earlier at 107. Adler and Barnes expound on the qualities of efficiency and calculation which characterize Abbott's productions; his strict direction of actors, which left little room for their own role interpretation; his reshaping of the production The pajama game on its ninth day of rehearsal; his work with choreographers such as Jerome Robbins and Bob Fosse; his personal characteristics of warmth, generosity and fatherliness; his ear for music, and how he worked with composers; his role in discovering and developing the careers of many well-known actors; his creative contribution to the shows he produced; his humility; and lastly his longevity.
- Adler, Richard, -- 1921-2012 -- Interviews.
- Barnes, Clive, -- 1927-2008 -- Interviews.
- Abbott, George, -- 1887-1995.
- Abbott, George, -- 1887-1995 -- Friends and associates.
- Musical theater -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Theater -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Theater -- Production and direction.
- Theatrical producers and directors.
- Composers -- Interviews.
- Drama critics -- Interviews.