Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Ronald Dworkin; Ronald Dworkin; R M Dworkin; R M Dworkin; R M Dworkin; Ronald Dworkin; Ronald Dworkin|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Simon Honeyball; James Walter
|Description:||vi, 175 p. ; 23 cm.|
|Contents:||1. Early Views and Critics. Legal Positivism. Dworkin's Critique --
2. The Interpretive Theory. The Nature of Legal Disagreement. Drawing the Semantic Sting. A Threshold Objection. One Right Answer? Different Methodology, Same Argument? --
3. Conventionalism, Pragmatism and Interpretation. Concepts and Conceptions. Strict and Soft Conventionalism. Fit and Justification. Pragmatism --
4. Integrity and Interpretation. Integrity as a Virtue. Integrity and the Chain of Law. Interpretation and Intention --
5. Integrity, Liberalism and Community. Integrity and the Moral Legitimacy of Law. True Communities. Liberal Community. Ethical Priority --
6. Wider Contexts. Liberalism and Communitarianism. Law and Hermeneutics.
|Responsibility:||Simon Honeyball, James Walter.|