Find a copy online
Links to this item
Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Additional Physical Format:||Print version:
International business under adversity.
Cheltenham, UK ; Northampton, MA : Edward Elgar, ©2008
|Material Type:||Document, Internet resource|
|Document Type:||Internet Resource, Computer File|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||9781848442962 1848442963 9781847203748 1847203744 1281779873 9781281779878|
|Description:||1 online resource (xii, 201 pages) : illustrations|
|Contents:||1. Introduction to the role and responsibilities of international business in our contemporary world --
2. Human rights and multinational corporations: the Global Compact and continuing evolution --
3. Corporate social responsibility: an international law perspective --
4. Instruments of peace? How businesses might foster religious harmony --
5. Expropriation of minority shareholders or social dividend? Beware of good corporate citizens --
6. Information management and communication technology for conflict prevention and peace.
|Responsibility:||edited by Gabriele G.S. Suder.|
'Business and corporate actions, globally and locally, have often encouraged and aggravated human conflict. Equally evident is the fact that business, if only out of enlightened self-interest, can