Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|All Authors / Contributors:||
|ISBN:||0333665791 9780333665794 0312231903 9780312231903|
|Description:||114 pages ; 22 cm.|
|Contents:||1. Introduction --
2. Historical Development. Occupation and Division, 1945-49. Crystallisation, 1949-61. 1960s: Decade of Transition. 'Established Phase', c. 1972-89. Collapse of the GDR, 1989-90. End of the Two Germanies? United Germany in the 1990s --
3. Politics. Political Systems. Political Developments in West Germany. Political Developments in the GDR --
4. Economy and Society. Economic Structures and Development. Aspects of Social Structure --
5. Patterns of Culture. Official Attempts at the Transformation of the Germans. Literature, Culture and Religion. National Identity and Political Culture --
6. End of the Two Germanies. West German Policies towards the GDR Prior to 1989.
|Series Title:||Studies in European history.|
Review of the first edition: '... will amply repay careful reading.' - Times Higher Education Supplement '[This] is an excellent textbook with good coverage and fair conclusions.' - Matt Perry,
- Political culture -- Germany.
- Germany (West) -- Politics and government.
- Germany (East) -- Politics and government.
- Germany -- History -- Unification, 1990.
- Germany -- Economic policy -- 1945-1990.
- Economic policy.
- Political culture.
- Politics and government
- Germany (East)
- Germany (West)