Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||R M Watts; James F Watts; J F Watts; Virgil B Watts; Watt family.; H C Sherman; John W Roland; George Wilson; John McClure; J H Porter; John Wesley 1831-1878 Iliff; Jared L Brush|
|All Authors / Contributors:||United States. Federal Civil Works Administration.|
|Notes:||Part of the CWA Pioneer Interviews Collection.
Title supplied by cataloger.
To view the essay, click on the blue "Linked Media" icon.
Consists of a short interview of R.M. Watts, an early-day settler in Sterling, Colorado. Watts came to Sterling with his family in 1886. Half of this short interview consists of Watts' recollections of the street layout and businesses of early-day Sterling; the other half consists of descriptions of many of the cattle ranches in the region, with drawings of some of the brands used on these ranches.
Interviewed by M. Armour.
|Description:||2 p. ; 28 cm.|
- United States. -- Federal Civil Works Administration.
- Franklin School (Sterling, Colo.).
- Pawnee Cattle Company.
- Sterling Hotel (Sterling, Colo.).
- Adams & McLaughlin Dry Goods (Sterling, Colo.).
- Mills & Angles.
- Watts, R. M.
- Watts, James F.
- Watts, J.F.
- Watts, Virgil B.
- Watt family.
- Sherman, H.C.
- Roland, John W.
- Wilson, George.
- McClure, John.
- Porter, J.H.
- Iliff, John Wesley, 1831-1878.
- Brush, Jared L.
- Logan County (Colo.) -- History.
- Sterling (Colo.) -- History.
- Cattle trade -- Colorado -- Logan County.
- Ranchers and ranching -- Colorado -- Logan County.