Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Joe Chambers; Lyn Chambers; Fred Brown|
|Material Type:||Audio book, etc.|
|Document Type:||Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Joe Chambers; Lyn Chambers; Rob Willis; Fred Brown
|Notes:||Timed summary available (5 p.).|
|Event notes:||Recorded on May 28, 1998 at Wonthaggi, Vic.|
|Description:||2 digital audio tapes (120 min.)|
|Responsibility:||interviewed by Rob Willis ; recorded by Olya Willis.|
Tape continued: 7. Song: Wonthaggi song(explains song & sings a parody).8. Song: Show me the way to dig coal (sung in English & Italian).9. Recitation:Whistle restored (poem read by Lyn).10. Recitation:Characters (poem read by Lyn).11. Fred discusses his interest in community singing, Joe recalls Idriss Williams & his influence on the union movement, how different Wonthaggi is today from the comradeship of yesteryear which Fred confirms, his interest in history & writing books, how the theatre which started in 1925 was the centre of Wonthaggi & the love of music. 12. Lyn describes her teaching career.
- Chambers, Joe, -- 1915- -- Interviews.
- Chambers, Lyn, -- 1918- -- Interviews.
- Brown, Fred, -- 1928- -- Interviews.
- Wonthaggi Miners' Union Theatre -- History.
- State Coal Mine (Wonthaggi, Vic.) -- History.
- Labor unions and communism -- Australia -- Wonthaggi (Vic.)
- Coal Strike, Victoria, 1934-1935.
- Folk songs -- Australia -- Wonthaggi (Vic.)
- Strikes and lockouts -- Coal mining -- Australia -- Wonthaggi (Vic.)
- Wonthaggi (Vic.) -- History.