Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Martha Graham; John Martin; Louis Horst; Lewis Montefiore Isaacs; Merce Cunningham; Hanya Holm; Erick Hawkins; Jose Limón; Georgia Graham|
|Material Type:||Audio book, etc.|
|Document Type:||Sound Recording|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Martha Hill; Agnes De Mille
|Notes:||Two interviews conducted by Agnes de Mille as part of her research for the biography of Martha Graham entitled Martha.|
|Description:||2 sound cassettes (100 min.)|
Cassette 2 (45 min.). Recorded January 18, 1984. Side 1. Ms. Hill discusses the follies [Greenwich Village]; attending a Graham concert in 1926; leaving ballet classes to study with Graham; various schools; Graham's early living spaces; Graham's fastidiousness; Graham's day; Graham as prolific reader and researcher; company parties; the "church social" atmosphere of sewing costumes; Primitive mysteries' concert and costumes -- Side 2. Graham's colitis; Graham's mother and her sister, Jeordie [Georgia Graham]; attire for class; taking a shower before class; relationship with Horst; marriage to Erick Hawkins; Hawkins' poor eyesight; Graham's classes.
- Graham, Martha, -- 1894-1991.
- Martin, John, -- 1893-1985.
- Horst, Louis, -- 1884-1964.
- Isaacs, Lewis Montefiore, -- 1877-1944.
- Cunningham, Merce.
- Holm, Hanya, -- 1893-1992.
- Hawkins, Erick.
- Limón, Jose, -- 1908-1972.
- Graham, Georgia.
- Humphrey-Weidman Company.
- Bennington College. -- School of the Dance, 1934-1942.
- American document (Choreographic work : Graham)
- Primitive mysteries (Choreographic work : Graham)
- Dance criticism.