Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Genre/Form:||Documentaries and factual works
|Named Person:||Stanley Donen; Richard Rodgers; Richard Rodgers; Richard Rodgers; Nacio Herb Brown; Gene Kelly; Lorenz Hart; Bob Fosse; Richard Adler; George Abbott; Ira Gershwin|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Stanley Donen; Michael Kantor; Buddy Squires
|Notes:||Copy of transcript available.
This interview is one of a group of interviews with 90 individuals used in making the documentary Broadway, the American musical. The completed production is available on NCOX 2058.
Credits for completed production from pbs.org: A film by Michael Kantor ; produced by Jeff Dupre, Michael Kantor and Sally Rosenthal ; written by Marc Fields, Michael Kantor, Laurence Maslon, and JoAnne Young ; directed by Michael Kantor.
Time code on frame.
Contains various takes, at occasional brief intervals, audio continues without sound.
|Credits:||Cameraman: Buddy Squires.|
|Performer(s):||Interviewer: Michael Kantor. Interviewee: Stanley Donen.|
|Event notes:||Videotaped in New York, N.Y. on August 26, 2003.|
|Description:||1 videocassette (VHS) (61 min.) : sd., col. SP ; 1/2 in.|
|Other Titles:||Broadway, the American musical
Broadway: the American musical :
On camera discussion with Donen continues with the musical score; what the musical expresses about America and Americans; how dancing has changed since he first came to Broadway, and the contributions of choreographers of Jerome Robbins and Agnes DeMille; what he views as the biggest change to occur on Broadway since the 1940s; the "myth" of Broadway; more on the show Porgy and Bess, composed by George and Ira Gershwin and written by Dubose Heyward; lyricist Ira Gershwin, with whom he worked; and his love of the musical show.
- Donen, Stanley -- Interviews.
- Rodgers, Richard, -- 1902-1979. -- Pal Joey.
- Rodgers, Richard, -- 1902-1979. -- Pal Joey. -- Zip.
- Rodgers, Richard, -- 1902-1979. -- Pal Joey. -- Bewitched, bothered and bewildered.
- Brown, Nacio Herb, -- 1896-1964. -- Singin' in the rain.
- Kelly, Gene, -- 1912-1996.
- Hart, Lorenz, -- 1895-1943.
- Fosse, Bob, -- 1927-1987.
- Adler, Richard, -- 1921- -- Pajama game. -- Steam heat.
- Abbott, George, -- 1887-1995.
- Gershwin, Ira, -- 1896-1983.
- Singin' in the rain (Motion picture)
- Theater -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Musical theater -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Musical theater -- Production and direction.
- Motion pictures and theater.
- Choreographers -- Interviews.
- Motion picture directors -- Interviews.
- Broadway (New York, N.Y.)