도서관에서 사본 찾기
해당항목을 보유하고 있는 도서관을 찾는 중
|명시된 사람:||Garson Kanin; Arthur Miller; Arthur Miller; Arthur Miller; George Abbott; Judy Holliday; Garson Kanin|
|문서 형식:||시각 자료|
|모든 저자 / 참여자:||
Garson Kanin; Arthur Miller; Edwin Wilson; City University of New York.
|메모:||Part of the series, CUNY Spotlight, broadcast on CUNY-TV, sponsored by the City University of New York.|
|공연자||Interviewed by Edwin Wilson.|
|제품 설명:||Videotaped by the cable station, CUNY-TV, New York, N.Y.|
|설명:||1 videocassette (VHS) (112 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.|
|일련 제목:||CUNY Spotlight|
|책임:||City University Television, the Center for Advanced Study in Theatre Arts (CASTA) [present].|
Arthur Miller talks about the process by which ideas come together for a play, his attempt to mimic in writing people's non-sequential thinking as in his play Death of a salesman which takes place in 24 hours but which shows past and present events concurrently, the need for conflict in a play, the decline of theater in New York City because of expensive real estate and good actors going to Hollywood, the need for subsidized theater in the United States, and how the personal conflicts of his characters reflect larger social conflicts.
Garson Kanin discusses his early career assisting George Abbott, his Hollywood work for Metro-Goldwyn Mayer and RKO Pictures, his writing and directing Born yesterday, the last-minute cast change of Judy Holliday in the play and movie, and his belief that young playwrights' best hope is in regional theater.
- Kanin, Garson, -- 1912-1999 -- Interviews.
- Miller, Arthur, -- 1915-2005 -- Interviews.
- Dramatists, American -- Interviews.
- Miller, Arthur, -- 1915-2005 -- Sources.
- Miller, Arthur, -- 1915-2005. -- Death of a salesman.
- Theater -- Economic aspects -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Abbott, George, -- 1887-1995 -- Friends and associates.
- RKO Pictures.
- Holliday, Judy.
- Kanin, Garson, -- 1912-1999. -- Born yesterday.
- Motion picture producers and directors -- Interviews.