|提及的人：||Julie Harris; Carson McCullers; Ethel Waters; Harold Clurman; William Luce; Rocco Landesman; Roger Miller; Stephen Sondheim; Lynne Meadow|
Julie Harris; Rocco Landesman; Lynne Meadow; Edwin Wilson; City University of New York.
|注意：||Part of the series CUNY Spotlight, broadcast on CUNY-TV, sponsored by the City University of New York.|
|表演者：||Interviewed by Edwin Wilson.|
|活動注釋：||Videotaped by the cable station CUNY-TV, New York, N.Y.|
|描述：||1 videocassette (VHS) (112 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.|
|責任：||City University Television, the Center for Advance Study in Theatre Arts (CASTA) [presents].|
Julie Harris discusses the play Member of the wedding, Ethel Waters' role in it and Harold Clurman's direction, her early interest in theater and her early experiences including touring the United States with the Old Vic, her involvement with Actors Studio, the diversity of roles she has played including many one-woman roles, how she happened to perform in The belle of Amherst, her experiences touring and why she enjoys it, the differences between acting for stage and television, and the source of the spiritual value she brings to her performing and its importance to her as an actress.
Rocco Landesman talks about producing Big river and Into the woods, being president of Jujamcyn Theaters, the current state of Broadway theater and the big costs due to audiences' expectation of spectacle, the shortage of a qualified theatrical product, Broadway providing playwrights and other creative team members a decent living, the inability of nonprofit theater to support them, and his hopes for the Broadway Alliance.
Lynne Meadow talks about her experience as Artistic Director of Manhattan Theatre Club, the problems of nonprofit theater, Manhattan Theatre Club's encouragement of playwrights, providing a home for many American and foreign writers, the problems of script selection, the growth of the subscription theater audience, the experimental nature of the plays produced, and her advice to women who want to direct.
- Harris, Julie -- Interviews.
- Actresses -- Interviews.
- McCullers, Carson, -- 1917-1967. -- Member of the wedding.
- Waters, Ethel, -- 1896-1977 -- Friends and associates.
- Clurman, Harold, -- 1901-1980 -- Friends and associates.
- Actors Studio (New York, N.Y.)
- One-person shows (Performing arts)
- Luce, William. -- Belle of Amherst.
- Television acting.
- Actors -- Travel.
- Landesman, Rocco -- Interviews.
- Miller, Roger, -- 1936-1992 -- Big river.
- Sondheim, Stephen. -- Into the woods.
- Theater -- Economic aspects -- New York (State) -- New York.
- Jujamcyn Theaters.
- Broadway Alliance.
- Meadow, Lynne, -- 1946- -- Interviews.
- Manhattan Theatre Club.
- Women in the theater.
- Theatrical producers and directors -- Interviews.