Find a copy in the library
Finding libraries that hold this item...
|Named Person:||Roger L Stevens; Zoe Caldwell; Hume Cronyn; Jessica Tandy; John Whiting; Euripides.; Judith Anderson; Zelda Fichandler; Marshall W Mason; Lanford Wilson|
|Document Type:||Visual material|
|All Authors / Contributors:||
Roger L Stevens; Marshall W Mason; Zoe Caldwell; Zelda Fichandler; Edwin Wilson; City University of New York.
|Notes:||Part of the series CUNY Spotlight, broadcast on CUNY-TV, sponsored by the City University of New York.|
|Performer(s):||Interviewed by Edwin Wilson.|
|Event notes:||Videotaped by the cable station, CUNY-TV, New York, N.Y.|
|Description:||1 videocassette (VHS) (112 min.) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in.|
|Series Title:||CUNY Spotlight|
|Responsibility:||[presented by] City University Television, the Center for Advanced Study in Theatre Arts (CASTA).|
Roger Stevens describes the difficulties of starting the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and the National Endowment for the Arts, both of which he headed.
Zoe Caldwell talks about her early career in Australia, her move to England and working at the Royal Shakespeare Company in Stratford-upon-Avon, performing with the Stratford Festival in Ontario, Canada, her involvement in the originating company of the Guthrie Theatre with Hume Cronyn and Jessica Tandy, replacing Anne Bancroft in The devils and interpreting the role very differently, playing Medea with Judith Anderson, and directing Shakespeare's Richard II at the Stratford Festival.
Zelda Fichandler discusses how she came to start the Arena Stage in Washington D.C., why the theater became nonprofit, her view of the future of nonprofit regional theater, and her use of multicultural casting.
Marshall W. Mason talks about his start as a director at Caffe Cino, his long association with Lanford Wilson and their working relationship, and his work at Circle Repertory Company.
- Stevens, Roger L. -- Interviews.
- John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts (U.S.)
- National Endowment for the Arts.
- Performing arts -- Economic aspects -- United States.
- Caldwell, Zoe -- Interviews.
- Actresses -- Interviews.
- Royal Shakespeare Company.
- Guthrie Theater.
- Cronyn, Hume -- Friends and associates.
- Tandy, Jessica -- Friends and associates.
- Whiting, John. -- Devils.
- Euripides. -- Medea.
- Anderson, Judith, -- 1897-1992.
- Fichandler, Zelda -- Interviews.
- Arena Stage (Organization : Washington, D.C.)
- Theater -- Washington (D.C.)
- Theatrical producers and directors -- Interviews.
- Mason, Marshall W. -- Interviews.
- Caffe Cino.
- Wilson, Lanford, -- 1937-2011.
- Circle Repertory Company.