Urrea, Luis Alberto.
Into the beautiful North.
New York : Little, Brown and Company, 2009
Luis Alberto Urrea
|ISBN：||9780316025270 0316025275 9780316025263 0316025267|
|形態||342 p. ; 24 cm.|
|コンテンツ：||"Nineteen-year-old Nayeli works at a taco shop in her Mexican village and dreams about her father, who journeyed to the US when she was young. Recently, it has dawned on her that he isn't the only man who has left town. In fact, there are almost no men in the village--they've all gone north. While watching The Magnificent Seven, Nayeli decides to go north herself and recruit seven men--her own "Siete Magníficos"--to repopulate her hometown and protect it from the bandidos who plan on taking it over."--Provided by publisher.|
|責任者：||Luis Alberto Urrea.|
PRAISE FOR INTO THE BEAUTIFUL NORTH: "[Into the Beautiful North] is deliciously composed...[Urrea writes] in a sweet but serious style...You find it in the dialogue...You find it in the description
- Young women -- Mexico -- Fiction.
- City and town life -- Mexico -- Fiction.
- Brigands and robbers -- Mexico -- Fiction.
- Illegal aliens -- United States -- Fiction.
- Return migration -- Mexico -- Fiction.
- Mexico -- Emigration and immigration -- Fiction.
- Brigands and robbers.
- City and town life.
- Emigration and immigration.
- Illegal aliens.
- Return migration.
- Young women.
- United States.